A Simple Tailor?

Tailors, Spies, Dissidents, Grey Cardinals
Seerbah Pe’Rez

A Simple Tailor?

Postby Seerbah Pe’Rez » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:34 pm

First log to the Obsidian Order by Seerbah Pe’Rez

I have found Elim Garak’s home and spotted him walking outside towards the Capital. When he decided to stop for some Kanar I sat across from him and talked about some minor book he was reading. He likes to talk a lot more than listen. I then proceeded to feign boredom and left him. Will wait a few more days and happen to run across him again to talk some more. Getting him to trust me as much as he can (he hardly trusts anyone but neither do I) will take time
Ask a simple question, get a complicated answer.

Shada Dukal
Sheer Evil

Re: A Simple Tailor?

Postby Shada Dukal » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:43 pm

Well, this is quite typical of him, he can talk for hours on end without saying anything, in fact, he quickly evades topics he does not feel like discussing and rambles on something pretty obvious and trivial. Did you manage to see what kind of book he was reading?

He does not believe in coincidences, he will get highly suspicious when he meets you again, so we have to think of a plausible cover-up, a minor governmental clerk who frequents the local cantinas after work, and has troubles with adapting to her new environment and getting over her husband’s loss.

Let him talk, that way he will not feel pressured, if you want him to elaborate on something just feign surprise and naiveté, he loves condescending his companions and mocking their preconceptions. Don’t discuss politics with him at this point, just feign a total disinterest in the political situation.
I am the Lizard King, I can do anything!
Jim Morrison

Seerbah Pe’Rez

Postby Seerbah Pe’Rez » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:19 am

He was reading an Enigma Tale so it wasn’t hard for me to lose interest politically. I’m really good at listening because that’s my job heh heh. I really miss my husband so pretending loneliness shouldn’t be too hard. I’ll have updates soon.

Shada Dukal
Sheer Evil

Postby Shada Dukal » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:31 pm

Yes, Mr. Garak is fond of Enigma tales. Still, we have to figure what he is up to…So any details would be highly appreciated. Voice modulation, the exact words he uses, his face expression, gestures…everything. Listening is a lost art nowadays, you know, we are a nation of talkers.
Jim Morrison

Seerbah Pe’Rez

Postby Seerbah Pe’Rez » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:44 pm

Second Log to the Obsidian Order
Garak continues to meet me at this kanar shop but I’ve noticed something interesting. Whenever we meet, I’m always there first and he always comes in through the north entrance which is from the Medical Plaza. Makes me wonder why he is working there? I was told before by him that he still works as a tailor and also gardens at his home. After a long one sided conversation about our past lives before the collapse of The Dominion which he dominated the talking, he mentioned a man he knew names Julian Bashir. The way he said that mans name made my scales shiver in disgust. He seemed...ensnared by this Julian. I’ll need more info on him but anyways, Garak told me he visits him in the hospital. This Julian Bashir is in a coma of some sort and Garak cares for him. More info I’ll have by the end of this week cycle but this kinda dampers my plans to seduce him. Any ideas?

Shada Dukal
Sheer Evil

Postby Shada Dukal » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:40 am

Well, I am not surprised. I did not expect you to seduce him but I hoped that your attempts would put him at ease and make him lower his guard a bit, just another lost lonely female looking for a second chance, nothing to worry about. Our intelligence reports suggest that Mr. Garak was once deeply involved with a married woman. She was an operative trainee herself and married another Obsidian operative. Tain told him to stop being foolish but Mr. Garak did not listen and continued the relationship. He finally killed the husband, there was plenty of bad blood between them, it was not only the woman. This is why Tain dumped him on Terok Nor.

The doctor is a straight male, he had a relationship with a female officer. Garak likes the doctor because the doctor was the only creature on the station that would tolerate, enjoy, and even admire Garak’s duplicity, half-truths, posturing, meandering, hidden agendas and constant plotting and scheming. Garak is attracted by naiveté, sincerity, and innocence – qualities he definitely lacks.

Just pretend to be sincere and naïve, keep listening, and Mr. Garak would be happy to enlighten you.

Basically, sex is war, sex is dominance, sex is a conquest, sex is a subjugation, the winner takes everything. I used to keep a very cute Bajoran whore on Terok Nor, I visited the station from time to time so she was my little diversion. A devious, wild creature like a hara cat, I tamed her and civilized her myself, she was a sheer delight in all possible ways… She used to say that sex and Occupations are the same. In this sense, I don’t think that bedding Mr. Garak would make him reveal more information. Sex does not make people better friends, it just keeps them on their toes, and makes them feel alive.
Jim Morrison

Seerbah Pe’Rez

Postby Seerbah Pe’Rez » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:54 pm

I have found some information on Tains wife Palandine. I will research this some more before my next talk with Mr. Garak this weekend at our usual spot.

Seerbah Pe’Rez

Postby Seerbah Pe’Rez » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:21 pm

My third log to the Obsidian Order
On a personal not I have been dreaming and thinking of my dead husband. Thoughts of him took me over this week so I went to another kanar shop to think. But unexpectedly, which I should’ve expected, Mister Garak shows up and gets me a glass. Asking me what’s wrong. I’m starting to wonder how he knows where I’m at all the time. Is he still an operative in our order on another scale? This concerns me sir. Someone in our group is trying to get us. All these thoughts went through my mind and on the outside I looked so distraught that Mister Garak got upset and said “oh no dear! I just happened to see you walk by our usual shop so I decided to follow you!” I replied “because you care I assume?” Then he said “more than that.” Then he got up and left. What does this all mean? His words are always so mysterious and coded. What do you think sir? I wish our other gul on this website could help too

Shada Dukal
Sheer Evil

Postby Shada Dukal » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:05 pm

Well, we all have our personal losses, especially now after the Dominion War. But I think we have to preserve what is left and cut our losses.

So you went to another bar but you passed by the first one on your way there. He claims he saw you while passing by. Yes, how convenient, he was there while you were passing by. I believe in coincidences as much as he does.

The Obsidian Order does not exist anymore. Some Obsidian operatives that have avoided the Omarion Nebula fiasco might have survived and he might be in contact with them. Shit, even Alon Ghemor is a former Obsidian operative and was the head of the Cardassian Intelligence Bureau.

This is what galls me to no end – we lost so many decent soldiers and officers, so many scientists, medics, teachers, engineers, workers, but our lousy cancerous Obsidians are still here. They are good democratic Cardies now, denouncing their militaristic past, they are penitent and do the UFP’s bidding.

I watch the UFP peacekeepers walking in my streets, on my planet. I overhear them talking to each other, “Yeah, the bloody Cardies got what they deserved, it serves them well”. I watch the UFP relief personnel and their patronizing sugary compassion. I wonder what Damar would have thought of that. Did he die for that? At least the Dominion upgraded our weapons, drove off the Klingons, and wiped out the terrorists on the DMZ colonies. They promised us dominance and recognition, not that they kept the promise, not that we expected them to. But we had no other options. Our new allies won’t let us be even what we were before the Klingon invasion, they definitely want us disarmed and on our knees.

Sorry, I am rambling on, now back to the point.

Yes, it could mean that Mr. Garak has detected that your interest in him is not a coincidence. In other words, he is trying to determine whether you are an operative that follows him or just a distraught female hitting on him. So we have to dissolve his fears.

We will supply you with false discharge papers – officially you are no longer assigned to Vetar due to a severe PTSD. Too much fighting, too many losses, a ruined personal life. Of course, we, the military jerks, did not provide you with a civilian job, did not offer you a reintegration program, the small allowance that goes with the discharge papers is almost gone, and very soon you will be waiting in line for a bowl of soup at the relief centers.

So you will ask Mr. Garak to use his connections and find you a modest job as a filing clerk or a technical assistant in the government building where he works. That way you will show him that your interest in him is purely pragmatic – he is an important public figure, part of Ghemor’s administration, and you are just asking for a small favor. You definitely want to serve Cardassia even as a civilian and you badly need to turn over a new leaf. If he really cares “more than that”, then he must be happy to help you and see your grateful smile more often.

I will contact Gul Khold and ask him to join the current operation. His expertise would be welcome.
Jim Morrison

Seerbah Pe’Rez

Postby Seerbah Pe’Rez » Sat May 05, 2018 12:04 am

Yes, Gul Khold’s assistance would be very useful at this point. I have entered a late reply because the very thing you have planned has already happened. I went to Mister Garak for help in getting work because acting like the distraught, ptsd Cardassian female that I am played well to his feelings of pity. I am now working as a clerk but please be cautious in giving me information. He could have ways of finding out. Contact me through my private channels.
On a side note, he has become somewhat clingy in his old age. I am a bit younger than him. We Cardassians don’t age fast physically but I think he fears this and is attracted to younger females like myself. Should I pretend to curry favor or try to play at hard to get? Arguing with him would bring the wrong response of course heh heh.
Anyways, seems I ramble a bit too. Going to rest then report back later.

Return to “Internal Affairs”