Favorite Garak Quotes

Tailors, Spies, Dissidents, Grey Cardinals
Shada Dukal
Sheer Evil

Re: Favorite Garak Quotes

Postby Shada Dukal » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:10 pm

This is from “Our Man Bashir”

Dr. Julian Bashir: What's the matter, Garak? Have I bruised your ego by play-acting at something you take so very seriously?

Garak: That's something else you've yet to learn, Doctor. A real intelligence agent *has* no ego, no conscience, no remorse, only a sense of professionalism. And mine is telling me that it's time to go.
I am the Lizard King, I can do anything!
Jim Morrison

Shada Dukal
Sheer Evil

Postby Shada Dukal » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:52 pm

Exactly, practice makes perfect, talent and proper training help but nothing beats the empirical experience. And Garak practiced all the time, he never let his skills get rusty.

Garak trying to be almost sincere and self-critical:

Garak: And you think that because we have lunch together once a week you know me? You couldn’t even begin to fathom what I’m capable of.

Ziyal: Kira and my father both told me that you used to be an agent of the Obsidian Order. That you had my grandfather tortured and killed and that you could easily kill me without a second thought.

Garak: Although I seldom credit the Major or your father with being entirely trustworthy in this case…they’re both telling the truth.
Jim Morrison

Shada Dukal
Sheer Evil

Postby Shada Dukal » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:41 pm

Indeed, besides, it is a sign of poor imagination and creativity. Lying is an art and skill after all.

Garak on questionable promotions.

Toran: How the mighty have fallen.
Garak: Toran?
Toran: It's Gul Toran now.
Garak: They made you a Gul? I didn't realize the situation on Cardassia had gotten so desperate.
Jim Morrison

Gazomg
Evil but still Redeemable

Postby Gazomg » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:38 am

Amroth Dolak wrote:"Improbable Cause"

"I seriously doubt the Finance Ministry would try to have me killed for failure to pay my taxes."

its not something he is proud of dont you know :lol: :lol:

Shada Dukal
Sheer Evil

Postby Shada Dukal » Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:35 pm

The T-word, this is an insult in Ferengi terms, if some good, hard-cheating Ferengi happened to drop by, they would be horrified. No more T-words. I am sure that Garak was raring to go and pay his t…(you know what I mean) but he was off Cardassia for some time and could not file his tax return.
Jim Morrison

Shada Dukal
Sheer Evil

Postby Shada Dukal » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:14 pm

An innocent pastime like gardening can be lethal if left to Garak and certain Romulan dignitaries. Edosian orchids are not what they seem. From “Broken Link” episode.

GARAK: Ah, yes. The Assassination of Proconsul Merrok of Romulus. Such a tragedy. I met him once, a few weeks before he died. I was working as a gardener at the Cardassian embassy.
ODO: You were a gardener on Romulus?
GARAK: My specialty was Edosian Orchids. Beautiful yet highly toxic.
ODO: As I recall, Proconsul Merrok was poisoned.
GARAK: Funny, I don't remember that. But then again so many Romulan dignitaries died unexpectedly that year.
Jim Morrison

Return to “Internal Affairs”