Obsidians vs. Military

Tailors, Spies, Dissidents, Grey Cardinals
Shyak
Entering the Evil Zone

Re: Obsidians vs. Military

Postby Shyak » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:27 pm

It should be. For me it was personal. Personal grief. :cry:
I heard the ending song from The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies and I was not thinking about dead dwarfs (ok, a little bit about dead dwarfs too) but about my fallen brothers covered by snowflakes of nuclear winter.
Will I ever overcome what they did to Cardassia?
Will we?

(Beware! This video is so cheesy, it's almost embarrassing ... no, it's definitely embarrassing)
There never was a war that was not inward, never a heart conquered from without. What is our innocence, where is our guilt? Where is the courage for the unanswered question that in misfortune, even in death, can defeat our mortality?
Aman Evek

Shada Dukal
Sheer Evil

Postby Shada Dukal » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:40 am

Personally, I will always know that some people really hate Cardassians and I will give them plenty of reasons to do so. Obsidians or Military, the important thing is what they do for Cardassia, not the bickering between them.

The song sounds really strange when combined with this footage. It is a good song but even in their death, Cardassians are grittier than the dwarfs.
I am the Lizard King, I can do anything!
Jim Morrison

Shyak
Entering the Evil Zone

Postby Shyak » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:12 am

Exactly! That's the point: What they do for Cardassia!

Yes, things like this song happen when I'm overwhelmed by my softer side. Usually I hide this side. It's so embarassing and pure vulnerability. But as long as I'm capable to forfill my duty it might still be allright. ;)
Dwarfs are more like miniature Klingon/Ferengi crossbreeds.
There never was a war that was not inward, never a heart conquered from without. What is our innocence, where is our guilt? Where is the courage for the unanswered question that in misfortune, even in death, can defeat our mortality?
Aman Evek

Gazomg
Evil but still Redeemable

Postby Gazomg » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:32 pm

Shada Dukal wrote:
Is it personal for you, Gazomg?

why would anything like this be too personal for me ?

Yes the tain invasion plan was flawed, but at least their heart was in the right place, dukat sold his people out for a statue and his own ego trip.
We can agree to disagree, but my own belief is the military fucked up good and proper also but on a far worse scale

Shada Dukal
Sheer Evil

Postby Shada Dukal » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:08 pm

Exactly, Gazomg, it has never been about arguments and geopolitical factors. It has always been about your own belief. It is personal. Personally, I like all these characters – Tain, Garak, Dukat and I respect their choices.

Still, I appreciate your sincerity. You are fighting for a person who did not grace us with her views. I am happy that we dropped the pretence and clarified our stances. Keep it that way. I can’t stand cheap remarks, meaningless exchange of platitudes and trivialities, lack of depth, and smug evasion of unpleasant discussions. And if you don’t like something, post a thread on it and take the bull by the horns. We are not Romulans.
I am the Lizard King, I can do anything!
Jim Morrison

Gazomg
Evil but still Redeemable

Postby Gazomg » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:25 pm

I am not speaking for anyone but myself...as always.

I like Dukat, Ghemor, Macet and plenty military characters, and a few ovsidian order agents i did not like , like those sent to ELIM-inate...Garak :D

overall no matter what country, nation, planet etc run by the military never has a happy populace

Return to “Internal Affairs”