Bajoran terrorism

Occupations, Annexations, Conflicts, Alliances and Diplomacy
Shada Dukal
Sheer Evil

Re: Bajoran terrorism

Postby Shada Dukal » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:53 pm

The Bajoran Occupational government ratified the Annexation of Bajor in 2328 so any organized paramilitary forces or individual hostile actions against the Cardassian authorities counted as a breach of law and order aimed at undermining the internal stability. Bajoran mutineers were terrorists, they attacked Cardassian military and civilian facilities, killing Bajorans, Cardassian military personnel and civilians, and they caused damage to Cardassian and Bajoran infrastructure. They were mainly people who were directly affected by the Cardassian presence, they had lost some property or relatives or had disobeyed orders and were punished. So terrorism was the result of the Bajoran inability to grasp that laws are to be obeyed and Cardassians really mean it.

Terrorism has always been caused by cultural ignorance, religious fundamentalism, and political immaturity and unfortunately, the Bajorans had plenty of the said commodities.

The Bajorans were disunited, their d’jarra caste system and lack of secular social models prevented them from developing critical political and civil thinking so they could not control their own politicians. It was only normal for them to turn to spontaneous acts of terrorism, their primitive minds could not process the fact that a foreign power controlled their world now and this development was a result of factors much above them so they had to respect the Cardassian administrative decisions. In fact, Bajor have always been divided into provinces and displayed the typical provincial separatism so the Bajorans did not have a good understanding of the relationship between the citizens and governmental structures even before the Occupation. Most Bajorans lived in rural population centers and small towns and had a vague idea of the life outside their immediate surroundings. They did not realize that the more they resist, the more severe the repercussions would be.

Cardassians, on the other hand, value law and order and could not tolerate unaccounted hostile locals wreaking havoc. In fact, during the first years of the Occupation, the Cardassians brought civilian settlers because they expected that both races would finally learn to leave in peace but the Bajorans killed these unfortunate Cardassian civilians.
I am the Lizard King, I can do anything!
Jim Morrison

Shyak
Entering the Evil Zone

Postby Shyak » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:33 pm

Overall you can say that Bajoran extremists are murderous, racist, xenophobic, ruthless,
cold-blooded, merciless and cruel people.
The average Bajoran is work-shy, superstitious, greedy, deceitful and cowardly.
Did I forget something?
I try to be without prejudice and say there might also be some nice Bajorans.
Insofar they survived and were not killed by their fellow citizens ...
Suppose a young Bajoran girl falling in love with a Cardassian soldier ...
What would happen to her if anybody of her people finds out she is in love with a "Spoonhead"?
This brings me to the next question. Isn’t it significant that no Cardassian insult word for Bajorans
comes to my mind spontaneously?
"Concertinanose" would be adequate but the last thing we need to do is lower ourselves
to the level of those primitives and use such a racist slur.
Finally, it is scientifically proven that Bajorans suffer from an underdeveloped brain.
So it's not their fault that they're so superstitious and dumb.
If they had not denied our benevolent leadership we could have achieved great goals together.
But they will always prefer the path of violence and hatred.
In the name of their damned Prophets!
There never was a war that was not inward, never a heart conquered from without. What is our innocence, where is our guilt? Where is the courage for the unanswered question that in misfortune, even in death, can defeat our mortality?
Aman Evek

Shada Dukal
Sheer Evil

Postby Shada Dukal » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:15 pm

“Concertinanose” – this sounds so poetic. I have always called them wrinkle-nosed primitives.

Indeed, we saw the Bajorans when they had reached the bottom of their social and cultural devolution, a nation of kava-root diggers and petty provincial governors who never deigned to look at the stars or to bother with complex decisions and responsibilities.

The d’jarra system was tightly interwoven with their religion and exactly this combination of suppressed individual incentive and social predestination led to the stagnation of the Bajoran society. In fact, it prevented them from being critical and demanding citizens, and cemented the status quo. This is how they managed to keep their late-medieval ignorance for centuries. All their achievements as a civilization were in the past, at some point they stopped developing due to lack of stimuli.

They were so engulfed in their religious and d’jarra issues that blaming Cardassians for their mishaps was just an excuse for not facing the facts. The Bajorans did not treat each other well, they did not respect each other, in “Wrongs Darker than Death or Night” Meru’s family was attacked by a two local tugs who wanted to steal their food but no one helped them apart from Kira who was transferred to that point in time by the Orbs.

In the “Accession” episode, the caste system was reintroduced for a brief period of time resulting in rigid hierarchical antics such as giving your seat in the Replimat to someone with a higher d’jarra until this anachronism culminated in a murder motivated by religious extremism. The victim refused to acknowledge his low and unclean d’jarra status so a fundamentalist Vedek felt he had the right to kill him. Kira was supposed to be an artist under the old d’jarra system and had to leave her career as an officer but she was hopeless as an artist. Ironically, talent and vocational predisposition are not always hereditary. She was a better terrorist than an artist.
Jim Morrison

Shyak
Entering the Evil Zone

Postby Shyak » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:12 pm

I and poetic - never!
I heard Evek whispering in my ear: "Call them Accordeon Nose!"
But I was thinking about Harry Belafonte and Angelina so I came up with the "Concertina" :roll:

We could fill books with the Bajorans "bad deeds" but they will still be seen as victims and good people.
Ununderstandable!
There never was a war that was not inward, never a heart conquered from without. What is our innocence, where is our guilt? Where is the courage for the unanswered question that in misfortune, even in death, can defeat our mortality?
Aman Evek

Shada Dukal
Sheer Evil

Postby Shada Dukal » Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:03 am

The funny thing is that Bajoran terrorism was viewed as something positive by the Federation and was even supported. The terrorists became later members of the Bajoran Militia and the Bajoran Provisional Government. What kind of a legitimate organization supports terrorism, keeps diplomatic relations with former terrorists and considers them allies?

They called the terrorists Resistance fighters although people like Jaro Essa and Tahna Los jeopardized even the Federation interests in the sector. The weapon supplies for the terrorists were shipped by the arms dealer Hagath under the very nose of Starfleet. Operatives such as Allyna Nechayev and Elias Vaughn got involved in subversive missions on Bajor and gathered intelligence that they passed to the Bajoran terrorists. Hagath was later allowed to sell weapons on DS9 in return. So much for the non-interference in domestic conflicts.

The Bajoran terrorists frequently used children, teenagers and small women to run errands for the “freedom fighters” who boldly hid in the Dakhur hills especially when the detection grid became operational. The grid could detect only full-grown adults. So people like Shakaar only coordinated and masterminded the operations whereas naïve youngsters like Kira carried them out and risked their lives. The bravest achievement of the legendary hero Li Nalas was to shoot a bathing Cardassian.
Jim Morrison

Shyak
Entering the Evil Zone

Postby Shyak » Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:11 am

Yes, I remember Gul Zarale, that trustful soul. :(

Federation, Bajorans ... nothing but a bunch of ruthless criminals!
Aman Evek

Shada Dukal
Sheer Evil

Postby Shada Dukal » Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:44 pm

The most despicable thing is that the Bajorans turned Li Nalas who was hardly a brave and decisive person into a legend. Even he could not tolerate the lie, he was fully aware that it was a coincidence and he was simply lucky that day. Too bad that Gul Zarale could not kill him on the spot. However, I am sure that the prison guards at Hutet made his stay truly unforgettable.
Jim Morrison

Return to “Interplanetary Affairs”