Actors

Favorite Books, Films, Artists, Actors
Shyak
Entering the Evil Zone

Re: Actors

Postby Shyak » Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:53 pm

I adore Lemec's smile. It's unique.
https://plus.google.com/103673901623963 ... 3963070829

I also like Gul Evek very much. I love his vigorous chin :)
http://www.trekcore.com/specials/albums ... l_evek.jpg
There never was a war that was not inward, never a heart conquered from without. What is our innocence, where is our guilt? Where is the courage for the unanswered question that in misfortune, even in death, can defeat our mortality?
Aman Evek

Shada Dukal
Sheer Evil

Postby Shada Dukal » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:53 pm

Yes, indeed I love Lemec too, a real predator. Even when angry Dukat looked like a kitten compared to him. His gaunt, vulture-like countenance is so frightening and appealing at the same time.

Yes, Gul Evek’s chin is amazing, too. Bigger than life.

What about Seskal and Danar (both played by Vaughn Armstrong)? I have always liked Seskal.
I am the Lizard King, I can do anything!
Jim Morrison

Shyak
Entering the Evil Zone

Postby Shyak » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:32 pm

Lucky you, having a boss who looked like Gul Evek. My boss is the spitting image of Admiral Nechayev :(

I like Seskal too. Vaughn Armstrong is an excellent actor and a good singer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPpmSkFInSE

.... and have you seen the "Rat Pack"? Too bad the quality of the sound is not very good. The guys really made me smile.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NISjYEmQMUI
There never was a war that was not inward, never a heart conquered from without. What is our innocence, where is our guilt? Where is the courage for the unanswered question that in misfortune, even in death, can defeat our mortality?
Aman Evek

Shyak
Entering the Evil Zone

Postby Shyak » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:57 am

Yes, I've never had luck in the lottery .... :lol:

.... and what became of Glinn Tajor and his actor Michael Tierney? :oops:
https://vimeo.com/52599100
Aman Evek

Shada Dukal
Sheer Evil

Postby Shada Dukal » Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:10 pm

Who says that Glinn Tajor has left the army, he is doing that off-duty. Poor Glinns don’t get that much money so if the guy can earn something extra in the holodeck industry that is just great. I wonder what his artistic nick would be – “The Cardassian Stallion” or “The Ridged Trouser Snake” ?

I don’t have a boss. Only happy customers. I am a free-lancer and a mercenary. I just do the job, they pay me, and no questions asked.
Jim Morrison

Shyak
Entering the Evil Zone

Postby Shyak » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:16 am

Suberb! Now I cannot watch "Chain of Command" again without distinctive pictures of “The Cardassian Stallion”, "The Ridged Viper", "The Lizard" or - worst of all - “The Ridged Trouser Snake” in my mind. Thank you :lol:

It takes a lot of courage and determination to be "self-employed". I need a boss to kick my lazy ass now and then. I have this flaw to delay things ... so I never get anything accomplished if there isn't someone who gives me strict orders and a tight schedule.
Aman Evek

Shada Dukal
Sheer Evil

Postby Shada Dukal » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:57 pm

I have always had a soft spot for the cute Cardassian Legate that was hitting on Kira while she was posing as a comfort woman in “Wrongs Darker Than Death or Night." The guy who said the cultic line that perfectly summarizes Cardassia’s attitude towards Bajor and their sense of humor – “Sit on my lap and tell me how much you hate Cardassians” Memory Alpha says his name was Legate Parek and he was played by Wayne Grace.

http://en.memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/U ... Legate.jpg

There are more unknown Cardassians played by actors and stuntmen who never got credit for their appearance in the show. Still, they look terrific. Well done, people! You exemplified the true spirit of Cardassia – threatening and formidable, no shilly-shallying.

http://en.memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/U ... ardassians
Jim Morrison

Shyak
Entering the Evil Zone

Postby Shyak » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:44 am

The Legate with the sweet little kanar-belly? He was such a good humored, amiable and nice guy. I would love to spend an evening with him.
I really envied Kira. And she said such rude things about him :(

The Memory-Alpha-Link is great, very detailed. But I miss the three good looking soldiers, the Enterprise beamed to sickbay along with Gul Evek in the TNG-episode "Preemptive Strike". I think it was a gesture of courtesy that they have accepted the invitation to treat their wounded in a Starfleet-Sickbay at all. The three of them had probably volunteered and Evek was such a fatherly and solicitous Gul.
I would love to spend an evening with him too :lol: (I know, he's married, but I only want to talk about his poetry, no naughty ulterior motives ...)
Aman Evek

Shada Dukal
Sheer Evil

Postby Shada Dukal » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:56 pm

Yes indeed, Paul Dooley did a great job in portraying Tain. He truly conveyed the meaning of an old and cunning player, with a lot of sway and information. I really love how he managed to modify the redundant life support system in the Dominion intermittent camp, even the Klingons were impressed. A true Cardassian to the end. He had no mercy for anyone and no illusions about people’s motivations and never spared his own son from trouble. The things that don’t kill us make us stronger. One of my favorite Tain’s revelations. Love and sarcasm, the Cardassian way.

Enabran Tain: Oh, don't thank me. I'm not doing Garak any favors. He doesn't deserve a quick death. On the contrary, I want him to live a long, miserable life. I want him to grow old on that station, surrounded by people who hate him, knowing that he'll never come home again.
Dr. Julian Bashir: What a lovely sentiment.
Enabran Tain: And it's from the heart, I assure you.

The Cardassian Stallion was transferred to Hutet labor camp as a guard. One of the Cardassian guards in “The Homecoming” episode.

Well, I would like to spend some time with these charming gentlemen too but I would skip the dinner and move to the most substantial part of the evening. We can have dinner after that. Mattress gymnastics and naughty ulterior motives do wonders for my appetite.
Jim Morrison

Shada Dukal
Sheer Evil

Postby Shada Dukal » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:36 pm

I am sure our Holodeck star is appreciated in all possible ways. Still, I am worried about him, having in mind that the Bajoran legendary heroes in Hutet tend to shoot at innocent, bathing Cardassians.

So much the better, there would be more for us, if I can paraphrase Martok. I will drag the cute and tipsy Legate to my quarters, while Shyak is discussing poetry with Gul Evek. Then we might swap them.
Jim Morrison

Return to “Miscellaneous Culture and Art Discussions”