What are you listening to

Get a Life, Sheldon Cooper! And Speak Up!
Shada Dukal
Sheer Evil

Re: What are you listening to

Postby Shada Dukal » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:50 pm

Yes, indeed Human League remind me of the pop new-wave sound of the 80’s. I also tend to feel nostalgic.

Cohen’s cover is great, it sounds fantastic, I really like the poster-like black-and-white vision but at times it is too blurry, especially the scenes when there too many shadows and too much movement. Can you revert to black-and-white mode in the scenes with movement and use the poster-like effect only on close-ups?

Gazomg’s latest photomanip reminded me of this.
I am the Lizard King, I can do anything!
Jim Morrison

Shyak
Entering the Evil Zone

Postby Shyak » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:07 am

Hehehe, yes, Roy Scheider, tired and smoking his cigarette. A great manip indeed.
He reminds me a little bit of Bronn from Game of Thrones.
http://giphy.com/gifs/game-of-thrones-g ... Au4pSii6fS

I am very grateful for feedback. You are right, it is too blurry. I did this very hasty to see if it works in general. In other words: a prototype
I already did this for the original Cohen version a long time ago, but I changed it to slow motion, b&w and poster-mode just to hide the bad quality :roll: and adjust it to the slower pace of the cover version.
If you think it is worth the effort, I will work on it. I wasn't sure about the whole thing at all.

Something to relax:
There never was a war that was not inward, never a heart conquered from without. What is our innocence, where is our guilt? Where is the courage for the unanswered question that in misfortune, even in death, can defeat our mortality?
Aman Evek

Shyak
Entering the Evil Zone

Postby Shyak » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:07 am

Aww, John Denver, I like it. This one is rather cheesy, but it still gives me goosebumps .... somehow .... I'm really sentimental :roll:

... and Picard's tune, so touching ...
There never was a war that was not inward, never a heart conquered from without. What is our innocence, where is our guilt? Where is the courage for the unanswered question that in misfortune, even in death, can defeat our mortality?
Aman Evek

Shada Dukal
Sheer Evil

Postby Shada Dukal » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:25 pm

Yes, I like John Denver’s “Thank God I am a Country Boy,” it is lively, the violin sounds great. The flute is very soothing if one is in a melancholic mood. But I am not and the wacko from the “Formidable” will get a formidable kick with an army boot if he approaches me and pesters me. Nothing personal, but when someone enters my private space and nags me, they get what they deserve.

Here is something combative. To our boys who fought on Bajor and in the Border Wars…
Jim Morrison

Shada Dukal
Sheer Evil

Postby Shada Dukal » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:01 pm

Yes, of course, this is the original song by Status Quo, I like the cover because of the video and the harder sound.
Jim Morrison

Shyak
Entering the Evil Zone

Postby Shyak » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:57 pm

Have a beer with Fear :D

I'm so sorry, this is loud and nasty, but my favourite song for getting drunk
Aman Evek

Shyak
Entering the Evil Zone

Postby Shyak » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:22 am

Thank you! Oh, I had fun, far too much fun .... :oops:
Sunday I was dead like a fly in autumn, lying helpless on my back
I am too old for that kind of shit, drinking and singing and fooling around with friends; I really love it, but I need a whole week to recover :x

Remember this Starfleet captain - Jellico, I think - he described Cardassians as being “like timber wolves ..."
This is a kind of a compliment I would say, even though he maybe didn't mean it that way ;)
Aman Evek

Shada Dukal
Sheer Evil

Postby Shada Dukal » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:40 pm

The problem is that it starts with one beer and then several more and finally something stronger when the beer is over. Yes, I have lost my ability to drink and stay up all night too. Nowadays I just have several beers and then go home before I get too drunk. Well, most of the time…

Indeed, Cardassians express this cunning and unadulterated predator spirit typical of the wolves. But no one sees the world from the perspective of the wolf, it is always from the sheep’s perspective. Not much of a perspective, I would say. This video reminds me of this.
Jim Morrison

Shyak
Entering the Evil Zone

Postby Shyak » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:00 pm

Wolf Song is simply beautiful. And Bright Eyes is touching but sad.
Wolves have bright eyes so it's not so far fetched ...

I was sentenced to a seminar for "Non Violent Communication" last week.
They came up with the idea that my way to talk is rather "wolfish" - what a coincidence!
And why - just because I think a good threat and a well placed ultimatum now and then are "productive" - or what?
Looks like I'm not gonna be promoted for the next years :lol: :lol:

By the way, I really love to listen to a great part of the songs you all posted in this section. Maybe I should make a "Best Of"-CD from this thread.
And "Fuck You" will be the opener - great lyrics!
Aman Evek

Shyak
Entering the Evil Zone

Postby Shyak » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:09 pm

Aman Evek

Return to “Miscellaneous RL discussions”