What are you listening to

Get a Life, Sheldon Cooper! And Speak Up!
Shyak
Entering the Evil Zone

Re: What are you listening to

Postby Shyak » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:34 pm

Tonight is one of these nights where I happily break my own first directive and drink with me all alone, listening to my favourite bands ...
There never was a war that was not inward, never a heart conquered from without. What is our innocence, where is our guilt? Where is the courage for the unanswered question that in misfortune, even in death, can defeat our mortality?
Aman Evek

Shyak
Entering the Evil Zone

Postby Shyak » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:24 pm

Ever wondered how it feels to be on Bajor?
There never was a war that was not inward, never a heart conquered from without. What is our innocence, where is our guilt? Where is the courage for the unanswered question that in misfortune, even in death, can defeat our mortality?
Aman Evek

Shada Dukal
Sheer Evil

Postby Shada Dukal » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:55 pm

I don’t have prime directives when it comes to drinking, I take it as it comes. I guess I will do that on Saturday afternoon but who knows? The Klingons or the Feds might attack us in the meanwhile.

I love the Quickie video – it is so creepy and eerie – the song fits perfectly. Collecting Cardassian memorabilia can be a deadly hobby. Those Feds paid a heavy price for stealing from the dead.

Falscher Heiland reminds me of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pid2jNwhehA

Speaking of Dark Hippies, I have always liked the dark side. It is more sincere than the college kids talking about love and peace but never fighting even one battle in their shielded middle-class lives. I suppose all soldiers stationed on Bajor hated that miserable alien place full of belligerent primitives, but who cares about the feelings of the Cardassian soldiers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H81Y2_fpy88
I am the Lizard King, I can do anything!
Jim Morrison

Shyak
Entering the Evil Zone

Postby Shyak » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:18 pm

I hope there were no enemy attacks and you could enjoy your well earned saturday-drunkenness.
As for me, I got the unexpected luck to find a companion to share my bottle of Vodka on thursday.
Things always seem to happen when you least expect them :D

I loved the Empok-Nor episode for its dark creepiness. The making of the video was rather easy.
De facto the good settings were already all there. Ready to be harvested.

You are right. I think there are a lot of similarities between Rammstein and Subway to Sally.
Except for the older songs of Subway to Sally. They have this slight medieval or celtic influence.
And the singer's voice sounds somewhat nastier and more caustic than Till Lindemann's dark voice.
I like both.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5lIdetzgl8

At least we two do care about the feelings of the Cardassian soldiers. And you gave them a voice with your fantastic fanfics!
I cannot tell you often enough, how thankful I am for your writing, because you wrote exactly those stories, that I wanted to read all along.
I was starving for good stories and you fed me (sorry, an awful metaphor but I'm quite hungry right now...)

Good song by Breaking Benjamin!

Also not bad "Soldier Side" by System of a Down

...and one for my softer side ;)
Aman Evek

Shada Dukal
Sheer Evil

Postby Shada Dukal » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:13 am

Yes, situation normal, FUBAR. I enjoyed my beer, nothing stands between me and my beer.

I liked Traum vom Todd very much. The lyrics are really good, the voice is very expressive.

System of a Down’s song has great lyrics and sounds really angry, the second one is more melancholic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTiF78xEbb8

When I am melancholic I listen to this, it is really slow and creepy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGHhqV_QhzE

Thank you for reading my fanfics, I really appreciate it. Cardassia has always been a way of thinking for me, a point of view. No one gives you anything, you fight for it, you make it happen. If you have this way of thinking, you will understand. Still, I never discuss them in public because most people are not interested in fanfics.
Jim Morrison

Shada Dukal
Sheer Evil

Postby Shada Dukal » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:46 pm

Oh, Lemmy, I love you so much, man. I have thought you will never die because you know, bad boys live forever, they outlive all small-minded idiots surrounding them. You were never a good guy, god was never on your side, you simply did it one more fucking time. R.I.P. Make the bloody angels cry!

Oh, shit, a fan should never outlive her heroes…
Jim Morrison

Shada Dukal
Sheer Evil

Postby Shada Dukal » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:58 pm

I can hardly post all my favorite songs, you meant so much to me, it was good to know that the big, old Lemmy was there and he took no shit. I still have my old audio cassettes from the 80s and 90s. Not that there is not youtube but they are just part of me.

Jim Morrison

Shada Dukal
Sheer Evil

Postby Shada Dukal » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:32 pm

You were one of the last machos in this gelded, plastic culture of non-entities. I hope you have had your own whorehouse and you are really satisfied.

Jim Morrison

Return to “Miscellaneous RL discussions”