What are you listening to

Get a Life, Sheldon Cooper! And Speak Up!
Shyak
Entering the Evil Zone

Re: What are you listening to

Postby Shyak » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:03 pm

Amroth Dolak wrote:
Memories for me as well, but not to the group itself, I knew someone that was a big fan.

The same goes for me ... the air smelled of hot asphalt and blossoming acacia trees, the sun warmed my back ... and I was madly in love ...
There never was a war that was not inward, never a heart conquered from without. What is our innocence, where is our guilt? Where is the courage for the unanswered question that in misfortune, even in death, can defeat our mortality?
Aman Evek

Shada Dukal
Sheer Evil

Postby Shada Dukal » Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:12 pm

I can hardly wait to see the tribute based on “Everybody Knows.” Boogie Street sounds great too.

Green Day’s song is amazing, angry punk with nasty references and puns. I really like it.

Kiss brings a lot of old memories, I used to know many people who have turned their rooms into Kiss-shrines.

Here is something – bad and motivational.

I am the Lizard King, I can do anything!
Jim Morrison

Shyak
Entering the Evil Zone

Postby Shyak » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:46 pm

... "Bad to the Bone" ... you really know me .... :lol:
Can't afford a Harley so I drive around on my cheap Honda Rebel ...

Watch these cute Japanese guys, drumming their hearts out ... they are hot ... especially the one in the middle ... my favourite ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnZz1S5FC6M
I always imagine Cardassian folk music with alot of drums .... don't know why, that is just what goes on in my mind ... don't ask :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grR96Dfw5DU
... and here the one I adore is on the left side, the one with the green patterns on his shirt ...
There never was a war that was not inward, never a heart conquered from without. What is our innocence, where is our guilt? Where is the courage for the unanswered question that in misfortune, even in death, can defeat our mortality?
Aman Evek

Shada Dukal
Sheer Evil

Postby Shada Dukal » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:23 pm

The guys are really cute, with beautiful strong arms. I like drums very much indeed. At some point I even dreamt of becoming a drummer but I am not particularly musical and my mother was going to disown me if had installed a set of drums at home.

The rhythm hypnotizes you, it creeps under your skin and becomes part of your own heartbeat. That is why most pagan cultures make an extensive use of drums – to achieve this ecstatic state of opening the mind and becoming part of something bigger. So I guess Cardassians might like it, the louder the better, their hearing is somewhat weaker so they might tolerate higher decibels.

Honda, not even half-bad, what about keeping the initial H, and turning it into a Hideki? So you can have both a Galor and a Hideki.
Here is Zeppelin’s Moby Dick. It really sounds like an angry whale diving, lurking, emerging and splashing the water with his tail and flippers.

Jim Morrison

Shyak
Entering the Evil Zone

Postby Shyak » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:47 pm

To turn my rusty Honda into a Hideki sounds great. Maybe I find a way to install some sort of an "earwig tail" too. Really, I love that idea of yours. Let's see what an old tinkerer can do ...... :geek:

I'm not very musical too, but we can still make some noise :lol:
I'm trying to save the money to purchase a Taiko-drum. I live in a very old house with walls about a metre thick, so I hope I will not be arrested for disturbing the peace of the neighborhood. But if I'm not around here anymore you know what happened .....

I closed my eyes and was thinking about Moby Dick, while listening to Led Zeppelin ... yes, you are right, I can imagine the white whale diving and splashing and fooling those stupid humans who wanted to kill him ...

What about this version of Rocket Man?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lul-Y8vSr0I
...... soooo baaaad, but unforgettable
Aman Evek

Shyak
Entering the Evil Zone

Postby Shyak » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:32 pm

I like the part of the lyrics where Marty Robbins sings:

... then he sent for replacements for his wounded and lame,
but the troops that were comin' never came, never came, never came.

That's what our brave soldiers on Septimus III must have felt.

I'm trying for years to get the IMAX Version of "The Alamo"
... listen and watch closely to the trailer and you know why ... ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Uu4iwCvVrE
Aman Evek

Shada Dukal
Sheer Evil

Postby Shada Dukal » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:07 pm

I still have problems with imagining Alamo from Cardassian point of view, but I guess it is possible. I always think about Bashir and O’Brian’s game, and this ruins the epic atmosphere for me. Still, the music is good.

Elton John is a better singer than Shatner.
Jim Morrison

Shyak
Entering the Evil Zone

Postby Shyak » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:23 am

Yes, Bashir and O'Brian really ruined the Alamo ... :lol:

But I would love to see a very young Casey Biggs as Colonel Travis.
Too bad there is no way to get the DVD of the IMAX movie.

Shatner is a much better comedian than a singer :lol:
Aman Evek

Shada Dukal
Sheer Evil

Postby Shada Dukal » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:54 pm

I like Elton John’s ballads when I am in a lyric mood. Which does not happen very often, I am afraid. The Proclaimers is more like me, I like the rhythm. Here is an old punk classics, the old rebellion mood from my turbulent youth. Nothing is over…
Jim Morrison

Shyak
Entering the Evil Zone

Postby Shyak » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:07 am

The Clash were the working class heroes of my youth .... and "Human League" is typical "cool 80ies". Didn't hear it back then, but now I like it.

This one was an experiment. I hope it's not too bad ...
Aman Evek

Return to “Miscellaneous RL discussions”