What are you listening to

Get a Life, Sheldon Cooper! And Speak Up!
Shyak
Entering the Evil Zone

Re: What are you listening to

Postby Shyak » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:01 pm

There never was a war that was not inward, never a heart conquered from without. What is our innocence, where is our guilt? Where is the courage for the unanswered question that in misfortune, even in death, can defeat our mortality?
Aman Evek

Shyak
Entering the Evil Zone

Postby Shyak » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:19 am

While I was thinking about Tusa Curat this song came into my weary mind.
Thank god, I'm off duty tomorrow .... I can sleep til noon 8-)

There never was a war that was not inward, never a heart conquered from without. What is our innocence, where is our guilt? Where is the courage for the unanswered question that in misfortune, even in death, can defeat our mortality?
Aman Evek

Shyak
Entering the Evil Zone

Postby Shyak » Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:58 pm

Aman Evek

Shyak
Entering the Evil Zone

Postby Shyak » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:00 pm

Yes, Metal, it's an acquired taste, you know. :D
I tried to make some "propaganda" videos to the music of Sabaton.

My videos are far from being good but this one is rather nice to sing along. :lol:

I already shared it in the "Star Trek Art, Fun and Rumors" (Star Trek meets Metal) section.
I hope you don't mind if I share it again.
Aman Evek

Shada Dukal
Sheer Evil

Postby Shada Dukal » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:52 am

I like your “twisted brains” compilation. “Hearts of Iron” is a great song, I guess this is what the Cardassian soldiers thought while defending the civilian population against the Jem’Hadar purges, watching their cities burning and the Starfleet forces disembarking. Speaking of Sabaton, this song has always reminded me of Septimus III. I love the lyrics.
I am the Lizard King, I can do anything!
Jim Morrison

Shyak
Entering the Evil Zone

Postby Shyak » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:27 pm

I am thinking exactly the same thing while listening to "Hearts of Iron"
I can see the burning and bombed out capital before my eyes and soldiers who risk their lives to save as many civilians as possible - dragging children out of collapsing buildings while involved in shootouts with the Jem'Hadar. And I'm so proud of our brave soldiers. My heart goes out to them ...
Sabaton are always able to feed my twisted brain with epic and dramatic feelings ;)

The "Price Of A Mile" really fits very well for Septimus III

Sometimes when I'm alone in my car, I sing slightly altered lyrics to different songs. And so I roar out loud "Septimus Three" when Sabaton are singing Gallipoli in the refrain of "The Cliffs Of Gallipoli"

I wish I had some extra time to make a few videos but currently hell is going on at work. :x
There are so many ideas inside my head ... I will save them for better times 8-)
Aman Evek

Shyak
Entering the Evil Zone

Postby Shyak » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:45 pm

Right now I'm working on a video for "Union (Slopes of St. Benedict)"

... when they sing "head on north" I hear "Terok Nor"; my son "misheard" it first and since then I cannot hear the real words again :lol:

Aman Evek

Shada Dukal
Sheer Evil

Postby Shada Dukal » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:02 pm

Both Sabaton songs are extremely suitable for a Cardassian-themed video. The funny thing is that I started hearing Terok Nor too. It must be contagious. I hope you will have some time later.
Jim Morrison

Shyak
Entering the Evil Zone

Postby Shyak » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:14 am

Contagious, yes! :lol:
Aman Evek

Shada Dukal
Sheer Evil

Postby Shada Dukal » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:20 pm

I really like this variant of a Cardassian anthem.
Jim Morrison

Return to “Miscellaneous RL discussions”