LGBT

R&R, Sex, Kanar and Rock & roll
Gazomg
Evil but still Redeemable

Re: LGBT

Postby Gazomg » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:41 pm

No.

If you look at the courts, the way the Cardassians act its almost rigid and set in stone,
Much like old catholic Ireland, if you differed you were to be put in your place

Thats not to say it does not exist as some cultures would have you believe, but suspect anything that did not conform was quietly removed, , the Obsidian Order would have seen to that

Shada Dukal
Sheer Evil

Postby Shada Dukal » Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:13 pm

It seems to me that all societies have a formal and informal stratum. So people have two faces – one private and one public. The more conservative and rigid a society is, the more importance is placed on the public face and the adherence to the encouraged sexual behavior. Still, I am sure that Cardassians have their share of LGBT issues but they have to be very careful and do it at stealth. In fact, even heterosexual adultery can play a lot of havoc on one’s reputation if the information falls into the wrong hands.

In purely practical terms I guess no Cardassian involved in LGBT practices would admit it, if this is disclosed, it will ruin his/her life and career. Such a person is likely to be “corrected” in labor camps, submitted to medical hormonal treatment, and assigned to menial, unprestigious jobs. He/She will be snubbed by his/her relatives who will feel ashamed and disgraced. Prominent public figures are probably ripe for blackmail and their political rivals are ready to pay for such info. As far ordinary citizens are concerned, if they keep it within four walls, everything would be fine. Obsidians have much more important issues to handle.
I am the Lizard King, I can do anything!
Jim Morrison

Gazomg

Postby Gazomg » Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:16 pm

you only have to look at tora ziyal being illegitimate to realize how adultery can ruin a career, imagine what gay would do to your career

Shada Dukal
Sheer Evil

Postby Shada Dukal » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:50 pm

I guess that Cardassians learn the art of social mimicry and hiding their feelings very early in life and switching between socially acceptable behavior and private self is second nature to them. In this sense, their neighbors or colleagues might suspect them but I don’t think they will ever get anything substantial. It takes an Obsidian agent to gather enough evidence. The question is not how frowned upon it is but how well enough they manage to hide it. It seems to me that if a LGBT Cardassian keeps his/her professional and public image immaculate and finds a plausible cover for his/her private life preferences he/she would be out of danger.

I think that such Cardassians will know that the higher on the social ladder they climb, the more attention they will draw so I expect them to make a sound judgment. If they settle for a career in the sciences, art, education, services or technology they are likely to remain unnoticed and undisturbed but the moment they enter the governmental structures, the Obsidians will make a full use of their weaknesses.

Well, I don’t think that they will be executed but they are likely to experience a lot of troubles. Executions are not that easily meted out even in a totalitarian society. They are reserved for more important issues and are indeed a propaganda weapon. Killing citizens for choosing the wrong holes does not warrant the required impact and might even provoke sympathy. They need them “reformed” not dead, that way the state can demonstrate its magnanimity.
Jim Morrison

Gul Khold
Moderately Bad

Postby Gul Khold » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:25 am

Shada actually has a pretty good point. It is the closest of what might happen in Cardassia that would be logically possible. No one would be able to really do away with those desires, but they can hide it and put on a mask of normalcy.

Hell, the State might even not bother them that much if they are not politically proeminent. I mean... Sometimes totalitarian societies can be surprisingly tolerant in some issues (North Korea has nothing against homosexuality, for example, but does not like flamers and other flamboyant LGBT people because those are easy to stand out).

Dal Rassak

Postby Dal Rassak » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:52 pm

... and who knows? their species might even have evolved in such way that it~s not and issue because it literally doesn~t exist.

Shada Dukal
Sheer Evil

Postby Shada Dukal » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:41 pm

I guess it has never been a problem for the Cardassians, but the coward who posted that thread is no longer here so we will never have her indispensible input on LGBT issues. As I have always said, this is just a show, get a life…
Jim Morrison

Gazomg

Postby Gazomg » Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:17 pm

a load of posts have been removed as so many threads make little or no sense. Why was this ?

I did not start this thread and was replying to a post which obviously no longer exists

Shada Dukal
Sheer Evil

Postby Shada Dukal » Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:06 pm

As you probably remember, Amroth deleted all her posts so many threads are like that. Still, they are part of this board so I don't want to touch them. This topic was posted by her.
Jim Morrison

Gazomg

Postby Gazomg » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:34 am

ok......
yeah, best to leave them in my opinion

Return to “Beneath the Armor”