Una McCormack Blocked Me on Twitter

Sit on My Lap and Tell my How Much you Hate Cardassians
Shada Dukal
Sheer Evil

Una McCormack Blocked Me on Twitter

Postby Shada Dukal » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:13 am

:lol: :lol: You won't believe it. Una McCormack blocked me on Twitter. After four bans from Star Trek message boards this is hardly a surprise, but it reveals the mentality of the mainstream fandom.
I told her that her books though technically very well written did not take into account the Cardassian loss of pride and the sense of resentment stemming from it. I doubted that the average Cardassian would embrace the Federation values wholeheartedly, and hypothesized that huge parts of Cardassian society, though not openly hostile, would remain guarded and sceptic towards the pro-Federation political course that Cardassia adopted after the Dominion war.
I pointed out that Rugal , the protagonist from "The Never-Ending Sacrifice", was an angry teen who was determined to dislike Cardassia and to spite his father so he was hardly a representative sample for how the average Cardassian felt in the eve in the Dominion war. After the war, Rugal becomes a Federation citizen because he does not like Cardassia . So one of the most influential novels about Cardassia shows us a character who does not want to be a Cardassian . Really!? I also told her that totalitarian societies have compulsory conscription, especially with a major military conflict pending, so Rugal can't join the military voluntarily and bargain for his father's life.
In fact, she disregards huge strata from Cardassian society and concentrates on several dissidents and pro-Federation characters. She does not explore the "authoritarian bargain" which is the Cardassian form of social contract, and how it affected the military, the civilians, the Cardassians from the colonies, the drama of the ordinary people who worked within the system and saw their efforts ruined and nullified. I really expect more depth from a person who boasts about a PhD degree in Sociology and BA in History and Social and Political Science.
After all this is fanfiction so if two fans can't have a candid discussion on a piece of fanfiction and its relationship to canon what does it say about the Cardassian fandom? That such a fandom does not exist or it is just an unwanted fringe group? I invited her to discuss Cardassia but she just tried to hush me up by telling me she was sorry her novels did not work for me. As a Cardassian fan I feel obliged to read everything that has to do with Cardassia and I believe I can express my opinion on it. For me, this is a chickenshit reaction.
I am the Lizard King, I can do anything!
Jim Morrison

Shada Dukal
Sheer Evil

Re: Una McCormack Blocked Me on Twitter

Postby Shada Dukal » Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:13 pm

Here is the update. The lady whose Twitter bio says "Making Cardassia Less Great since 2009" (always suspected it) posted a thread where she explained that she didn't usually block people, she muted them, but in my case she had to do it because it was too personal and uncomfortable for her. She considers my tweets a form of stalking. The funny thing is that all my tweets concerning her are DS9 related. :roll: I am a Cardassian fan and I often comment on Cardassia-related topics. On the plus side, unlike her, I never run out of fucks so everyone is welcome. :lol:
I am the Lizard King, I can do anything!
Jim Morrison

Gazomg
Evil but still Redeemable

Postby Gazomg » Tue May 25, 2021 1:19 am

I am currently on a ban from STPMA
banned for life from trekcore forum
got warnings and banned from certain threads on trekbbs

A lot of trek fans are assholes cunts.
for example, i sated i despsied lower decks. Right away on stpma, one member accused people of "not really hating it but doing so to hide other reasons"
He claimed bigots hate trek and use other excuses to hate it.Then claimed people slating trek "affects him"

When i asked how does it affect him and his comment was retarded, i was warned for being personal.

so I asked again and was told it was trolling.....seems he could type any nonsense he wanted, but those slating trek were not allowed ask questions.Then I got another warning.

So i made a few more posts outlining why i dont like modern trek, and ended with "I dont this does not affect anyone and got banned.

-----------

On TrekBBS a dozen simpletons, all with the same cartoon avatar got upset with my comments, and surprise surprise, i get a warning, seems if you criticize any trek you are hounded.

Gazomg
Evil but still Redeemable

Postby Gazomg » Tue May 25, 2021 1:20 am

by the UNA is a pretentious asshole too

Return to “Cardassians in ST Culture”