Cardassia vs. the Misbegotten Universe

Sit on My Lap and Tell my How Much you Hate Cardassians
Shada Dukal
Sheer Evil

Cardassia vs. the Misbegotten Universe

Postby Shada Dukal » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:49 pm

Dear Cardassian fans and anonymous readers,
As you probably know I have created this site exactly because I truly can’t stand when goody-goodies, moral guardians, SJWs or any other squeaking and whimpering rabble are trying to tell me what I can and what I can’t say. So this thread is about everything I can’t post on FB because some snowflake would take it amiss. Whoever does it, it is cheap and pointless.
I am the Lizard King, I can do anything!
Jim Morrison

Shada Dukal
Sheer Evil

Re: Cardassia vs. the Misbegotten Universe

Postby Shada Dukal » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:51 pm

Exhibit 1
Mr. Behr’s quotations concerning the Cardassian female fans. I posted them in a thread about the documentary. I tried to post them three times, I linked them to this site, but they dutifully disappeared. They are here, in the section “ST Art, Fun Rumors”, the thread is called “DS9 Documentary Underway”.
Jim Morrison

Shada Dukal
Sheer Evil

Postby Shada Dukal » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:52 pm

Exhibit 2 I tried to reply to a post and explain what my reasons are for regretting the TPTB’s decisions regarding the Cardassian characters and their popularity. The post was deleted.

“Yes, Mr. Behr did a great job, considering the limitations of the franchise. I also highly appreciate his development of the Ferengi, they are my second-favorite alien race. Still, I think that we could have lived with fewer Bajor- or Federation-centered episodes and could have had Marc Alaimo and Cardassia in about 50-60 episodes. Having in mind how much Cardassian fan mail the show runners received, I don’t think that this would have made the show less popular. But it would have jeopardized the ratings of the main cast.

Rule of Acquisition 22 “Wise man can hear profit in the wind.” Behr decided to go for the lowest common denominator. What did he get? Middle-child syndrome. DS9 gained popularity when its main audience changed and the basement dwellers that lusted after Kirk, Spock, and Picard did not comprise the main demographics of the show any more. The show went on streaming VOD services and now it is available on Netflix, Hulu, CBS, Prime, and many other channels. Reddit is full of comments, DS9 is the only ST show that sci-fi fans respect. (Sci-fi fans and Trekkies are different things) Much ado about nothing.”
Jim Morrison

Shada Dukal
Sheer Evil

Postby Shada Dukal » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:53 pm

Exhibit 3 I made a GIF of Marc Alaimo’s appearance in “The Incredible Hulk” season 3, episode 4, “The Slam.” It is 3 seconds long and it was for another fan who reminded me of this episode. Here is the original post and the GIF. Only two days earlier, I posted other GIFS from the same series, so this deletion does not make any sense.

“Here is what I managed to squeeze from the trailer of “The Slam”, season 3, episode 4. I love the opening monologue when you hear Alaimo’s voice and recognize him immediately although the camera moves to him several shots later. Tight breeches and riding boots …So Space Hitler and Colonel Gaddafy in action.”

Jim Morrison

Shada Dukal
Sheer Evil

Postby Shada Dukal » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:35 pm

Exhibit 4

Yesterday, a FB member complained that a poster on a forum ridiculed and criticized her appreciation address to Marc Alaimo that she delivered on behalf of a FB group called “Marc Alaimo – the Real Gul Dukat.” She made this short speech at STLV 2018 during the DS9 panel “Far Beyond the Stars.” Although it was very brave of her to do it and she handled it pretty well, the speech itself sounded quite juvenile and fan-girlish so some backlash was inevitable. I just commented that online forums were known for this type of behavior and Dukat fans were hated on all forums. Later, during the discussion it turned out that it happened on Reddit. I posted this twice, the second time with a warning, but it disappeared.

"Don’t delete it, whoever you are, Mickey Mouse.
By the way, there are many Dukat/Marc Alaimo appreciation threads, great analyses of the Occupation, discussion on the Cardassian Union on Reddit, they even have a Terok Nor sub-reddit. Of course, they have the usual vermin too. So it depends on the subreddit and its internal rules."

https://www.reddit.com/r/TerokNor/
Jim Morrison

Return to “Cardassians in ST Culture”