What irritates me....

Sit on My Lap and Tell my How Much you Hate Cardassians
Shada Dukal
Sheer Evil

Re: What irritates me....

Postby Shada Dukal » Sun May 31, 2015 4:53 pm

No one denies that DS9 was O’Brian’s station but I don’t think that he knew the original technology better than those ladies. In fact, it turned out that he had added so many backups that he hampered the computer.

That It was a good exercise in humility for him. Cardassian women are not like Terran women, Gilora interpreted his irritable and dismissive attitude as an invitation so apart from all other bad things that he had experienced from the Cardassians, O’Brian was also sexually molested.

Watch this.

I am the Lizard King, I can do anything!
Jim Morrison

Gazomg
Evil but still Redeemable

Postby Gazomg » Sun May 31, 2015 5:38 pm

correct there was a secondary back up...but that was not his choice but starfleet protocol.

The cardassians would know cardassian technology better, but DS9 was an infusion of federation, and najor technology as well, which those cardassians "scientists" not engineers would have trouble with also.

Had the shoe been on the other foot how accommodating would cardassian on a cardassian ship be to a starfleet engineer on their ship demanding tea and acting all superior, doubt the cardassians would take too kindly to that, or any race for that matter, if you are not boss in your own house then you are in trouble

Shada Dukal
Sheer Evil

Postby Shada Dukal » Sun May 31, 2015 7:11 pm

The whole project with the subspace relay was entirely developed by the Cardassian Ministry of Science. In this sense, the local engineer had to be more complying and less irritable. For his own good. O’Brian expressed his doubts during the first briefing in the wardroom and he and Gilora had a long discussion on the phase variance of the transceiver coils. He even told her that it would not work. He felt threatened and somewhat displaced.

I am sure that any Starfleet engineer on a Cardassian ship would be as quiet as a mouse but in fact, that would be a totally wrong strategy. By showing fear, they would simply invite the Cardassian personnel to despise them. If they manage to overcome their shock and try to express themselves instead of just gaping at them in ill-concealed fear the result would be much better.

O’Brian and Bashir in action.

I am the Lizard King, I can do anything!
Jim Morrison

Return to “Cardassians in ST Culture”