Strange dream about Lasaran ...

Characters from Memory Beta, FanFics, RPGs
Shyak
Entering the Evil Zone

Strange dream about Lasaran ...

Postby Shyak » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:59 pm

I had a strange dream a few weeks ago. I dreamt of Lasaran and how he waited for Worf and Jadzia in the jungle. And he waited and waited and he watched the sun go down but no one came. Then he knew he was doomed and went back to his HQ and into his death. But before he went back he carved something funny into a tree and hid a data rod between some roots. I woke up and was struck down by the realization that he had left the information there in the jungle. ( ... and I wish I could remember what the funny stuff was, he carved into the tree, but it's gone , I cannot remember, that's the old problem with dreams ... I hope it wasn't a funny face and "Lasaran was here" or something stupid like this :lol: ...)

Sometimes I wonder what a strange place my mind is ... :oops:
I have not seen this episode for years but somehow it must have stuck in my subconscious.

I hope someone shares my feelings for poor and betrayed Lasaran and remembers him. A victim of Klingon unreliability!
He was one of the first who stood against the Dominion.
I mourn for him. :cry:
There never was a war that was not inward, never a heart conquered from without. What is our innocence, where is our guilt? Where is the courage for the unanswered question that in misfortune, even in death, can defeat our mortality?
Aman Evek

Shada Dukal
Sheer Evil

Re: Strange dream about Lasaran ...

Postby Shada Dukal » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:42 pm

He was betrayed because he trusted a stupid Starfleet Klingon and his Starfleet wife. He died because Worf chose to save his wife and compromised the mission. Neither Jadzia nor Worf were punished for that, they simply stopped sending them on missions together and swept the incident under the carpet. So what a dead Cardassian, they all have to die.

I have always felt that the Federation is the greatest enemy of Cardassia, not the Dominion. The Dominion could be an ally, it could be used, the Female Changeling was ill and paranoid, she was losing, she blamed it on the Cardassians, Damar was not a good politician, he was not the military leader Dukat was, he let Weyoun displace him. He had no other option but to become a rebel. But the Federation has to be kept at bay, at all costs. Their presence on Cardassia is more detrimental in the long run than what the Dominion did.

What Lasaran must have thought was that both the Dominion and the Federation were equally unacceptable. He realized he was alone in a universe that definitely hated Cardassians.
I am the Lizard King, I can do anything!
Jim Morrison

Shyak
Entering the Evil Zone

Postby Shyak » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:40 am

What if Worf would have been injured instead of Jadzia. Would Jadzia have acted the same way like Worf or would she have fulfilled her duty?

Maybe I'm a bit paranoid too, but I neither trust the Federation nor the Klingons ... and certainly not the Dominion.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQEMsTmLh7g

I think the Dominion was out for revenge even after the treaty with Dukat. And I believe Dukat was fully aware of this.
He played at high stakes. Too bad he lost ...
I was wondering what would have happened if Damar didn't turn against the Dominion.
If he didn't start his rebellion? Of course they would have crushed the allied Klingon/Federation/Romulan forces. No doubt.
But what about Cardassia? Would the Founders really forgive Tain's assault on their homeworld. I don't think so.
They deliberately used Cardassian soldiers as cannon fodder during the war. They would have done far worse than that after the war.

But all this thinking is far too complicated for my brain. I'm more like Damar. I have this big brave heart of a faithful soldier. I will go wherever I'm needed to serve Cardassia. But please don't make me think too much, just hand over the Kanar .... :lol:
There never was a war that was not inward, never a heart conquered from without. What is our innocence, where is our guilt? Where is the courage for the unanswered question that in misfortune, even in death, can defeat our mortality?
Aman Evek

Shada Dukal
Sheer Evil

Postby Shada Dukal » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:51 pm

I can’t say for sure but I guess Jadzia would do the same, probably she would have had more compunctions later than Worf, probably she would have hesitated longer before deciding to return for him. In this particular moment, they were interested in each other only. The hell with the Dominion and the universe.

The Dominion has never been a good move, it was the only possible move, and Dukat made it. The Dominion stopped the Klingon invasion and wiped out the Maquis. I am sure that he planned to double-deal them as soon as he saw an opportunity to do it. It is true that the Female Changeling distrusted Cardassians and was not likely to forgive them for Tain’s ill-advised attack but under Dukat she behaved. Things went wrong when Dukat stepped down. So it was a matter of balance and priorities – Dukat could do it, he was a great politician and he could ensure that the Dominion kept their side of the bargain but Damar was a mere solder and could not control this volatile and highly asymmetrical alliance. So the Dominion started wasting Cardassian soldiers out of spite and strategic incompetence. Hostilizing the population whose territory the Dominion used as a foothold was foolish, it meant just another front to fight on.

When Damar started his rebellion, the situation was beyond repair. In fact, it was Dukat who urged him and told him that Cardassia needed a leader. There are two possible scenarios had the Dominion won.

1. Had the Dominion won when Cardassia was under Dukat, Cardassia would have enjoyed a lot of resources and territorial gains. In fact, Cardassia could have ruled over the Alpha Quadrant on behalf of the Dominion. Oh, of course, Weyoun could have had the Earth, this planet is useless from Cardassian point of view, the locals had strip-mined it centuries ago.
2. Had the Dominion won when Cardassia was under Damar, the Female Founder would have exterminated every single Cardassian. In this sense, Damar did the right thing.

It is very prudent of you not to trust either the Klingons, or the Dominion or the Federation. I think that in post-Dominion Cardassia, the Federation is the biggest threat, and Cardassians should fight against the Federation influence on Cardassia.

Had Cardassia joined the Federation coalition earlier, the Feds would have used them as cannon fodder as eagerly as they used the Klingons. We saw what Sisko did in order to bring the Romulans in the war and to replace the Federation casualty lists with Romulan casualty lists. Cardassians were in a much more disadvantageous position compared to the Klingons and Romulans. So 7 million Cardassian soldiers dying for the Federation or for the Dominion? Take your pick.
I am the Lizard King, I can do anything!
Jim Morrison

Gul Khold
Moderately Bad

Postby Gul Khold » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:39 am

Amroth Dolak wrote:Yes, Lasaran was deeply betrayed by the Federation as a whole and by Jadzia Dax and Worf in particular. Worf is always big with words about Klingon honor and Klingon courage, but when things get rough, he decides to put his tail between his legs and run the other way. I wonder what the deal is with that sort of behavior, any Klingon woman would have said to leave her there and go meet that contact to get that information. Not to mention that the memories and experience of Curzon Dax should have told Jadzia to have Worf go on to meet with ther contact and chose to remain behind herself. Any true Klingon would have said this himself, that he was going to go along anyway to retrieve the information that was important to the war effort. The glory of the Empire and the glory to himself would have been of far greater importance then saving his wife.

That information might have shortened the war considerably and the amount of Cardassian victims might have been reduced by millions due to that information. But what's a Cardassian live in comparison to the live of a Trill woman, right?

Lasaran wasn't betrayed by a Klingon, I believe a true Klingon would have gone through with the mission, no matter what. Lasaran was betrayed by something much worse, a Klingon turned by the Federation, Worf believed he was still a "true" Klingon, but his head was filled with the dispicable lies and hypocrasy of the Federation. Worf is the examplary result of the Federation telling you you can remain your true self, while filling your head with nonsense and lies.

You forgot the fact it was not a Klingon that's being talked about; It's Worf XD

Even Quark is more Klingon than Worf.

Return to “Cardassian Protagonists, Antiheros, Antagonists”