Ships

Military Complex, Ships, Stations, R&D, Science
Shyak
Entering the Evil Zone

Re: Ships

Postby Shyak » Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:47 pm

He is the most beautiful freighter I have ever seen in my life!
There never was a war that was not inward, never a heart conquered from without. What is our innocence, where is our guilt? Where is the courage for the unanswered question that in misfortune, even in death, can defeat our mortality?
Aman Evek

Shada Dukal
Sheer Evil

Postby Shada Dukal » Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:32 pm

Thank you, people. Groumall appreciates it, too. Most stallions don’t have any LGBTconcerns, they like everything that crosses their path. Mine happens to be particularly open-minded.
I am the Lizard King, I can do anything!
Jim Morrison

Shada Dukal
Sheer Evil

Postby Shada Dukal » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:52 pm

No one has ever tried. His advances are mostly welcomed. Only mare owners dread the possibility of having his offspring. The universe is not ready to face such a challenge, I guess.

Here is a blueprint of a Galor, ventral view. Pay attention to the position warp engines.

http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/lcars/bl ... /carbc.jpg

Here is another ventral one, here the same structure is referred as main impulse engines, and the warp engine is in a completely different place.

http://hdwallpapersfactory.com/wallpape ... 571405.jpg

I am not posting them as pictures because they are huge, especially the second one.

So where is the impulse system and where is the warp engine?
Jim Morrison

Gul Khold
Moderately Bad

Postby Gul Khold » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:21 am

I believe that the warp engine inconsistencies in the blueprints are caused by obvious lack of reserch from multiple authors. Though, to me, it makes more sense for the warp engine to be in the back (since if it leaks, will give the bulk of the crew some more time to escape).

...Your horse goes for any ass? I never heard of a bi horse before... I saw a gay horse once (a friend of mine's owned him - said he made him get embarassed very often and most other male horses hated his'), but this is too... human XD And why mare owners fear them having his offspring?

Shada Dukal
Sheer Evil

Postby Shada Dukal » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:46 pm

It is a good idea to put the warp engine further behind, not to mention that in makes room for the nacelles. Still, I guess keeping the impulse system and the warp system separated makes sense because if they were together, a close hit would render both inoperational.

In fact, male domesticated animals kept in barns and paddocks develop a truly bi attitude. What is more, geldings, despite being castrated have some sense of sexuality – some are more mare-like in behavior others are more masculine. Sex is not only reproduction but also a way of communication, playfulness, and dominance. Animal behavior is often underrated and perceived only from heterosexual point of view. My horse is not a sports horse, and currently horse owners are interested in breeding sports horses. He has 5-6 foals, the last one was born shortly before buying him, it was really cute, out of a semi-draft mare.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_m ... l_behavior
Jim Morrison

Gul Khold
Moderately Bad

Postby Gul Khold » Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:49 am

Maybe the impulse system is like most Federation ships and located on the middle. The Cardassian vessels could have two small impulse systems right behind the "wings". Or one right below where the "tail" joins the main body of the hull.

Shada Dukal
Sheer Evil

Postby Shada Dukal » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:27 pm

According to Memory Alpha, Glalor class cruisers have one or possible two M/A warp systems and three or more impulse systems.

It makes sense to have backup systems if the primary one is hit or the ship needs more speed. I imagine that two of the impulse systems should be located near the wings, providing extra maneuverability in a battle situation. Look at this schematic, it turns out that the warp system is forward while the primary impulse engines are located at the wings. It means that the nacelles of the warp system are inside the superstructure, under the hull, which is an advantage indeed because they are protected from direct fire. What is more, the frontal part around the bridge is where most of the disruptor arrays are located so I guess they have put their warp system in the most secured part of the ship.

http://www.neutralzone.de/database/Alie ... lor02a.htm
Jim Morrison

Return to “Cardassian Technology”